How Solar Water Heating Works
How Solar Water Heating Works
Will Solar Work In Cold Weather?
Your Investment In Solar Water Heating
No Maintence, No Moving Parts, 30-Year Panel Warranty
Hot water represents the second largest energy consumer in American households.
- A typical electric hot water tank serving a family of four costs between $500 and $1,200 per year not accounting for electric rate increases.
- The payback on solar hot water heaters ranges from three to eight years, and the rate of return on investment ranges from 12% to 30%
- According to the Dept. of Energy, electric water heaters are typically 20 – 35% of your monthly utility bill.
Why Choose ECS Solar Energy Systems?
The most trusted Florida solar contractor since 1977
The Main Advantage to doing business with ECS lies with Florida law and your liability as a homeowner.
Buyer Beware: There are a few important facts you need to be aware of before you contract for a solar installation.
HOME PROTECTION GUARANTEE
1. You need to know that Homeowner’s Insurance will only cover storm damage to your solar system, NOT damage to your roof or damage in the home as a result of a solar collector installation.
2. Florida law forbids all but state-licensed roofing contractors or CVC solar contractor whose insurance company guarantees against any damage of your roof or in your home from installing solar systems. Other licensed contractors such as the old solar CW license and all county RX solar licenses can pull a permit for solar work on your roof, but they may NOT perform the installation of the solar collectors on your roof – they will have to subcontract with either a state-licensed roofer or a CVC licensed Florida solar contractor.
3. In addition, it is only the State-Licensed Roofer or eve solar licensed contractor that can guarantee against damages on your roof or in your home as a result of a solar installation as they carry specialized completed operations insurance for this purpose. To have a copy of proof of our insurance faxed or mailed to you, please call Scarborough Insurance at 352-377 -2002 in Gainesville, FL.
A Note about Worker’s Compensation:
YOU COULD LOSE YOUR HOME – if the florida solar contractor you hire does not carry Worker’s Compensation. ‘\10 one doing solar installations on a roof can exempt themselves from Worker’s Compo You will be responsible for any and all damages arising from an incident involving an improperly licensed and insured contractor installing solar on your roof.
Now, go directly to the most insured, longest established and most awarded contractor for your solar needs and call ECS today at 352377-8866. It is a wise decision for many reasons, some of which are listed below.
- We use our own employees and we do not use subcontractors so we are 100% responsible for getting the job done.
- We carry Worker’s compensation on all of our employees so you are not liable for injuries on the job
- Liability Insurance for your Home relevant to our work
- Two Florida Solar Contractor Licenses (#CVC056643) (#CVC56812) qualified to do Solar roofing work on your roof as required by Florida Law
- Member of the National Homebuilders Association, Gainesville Homebuilders Association, Marion County Homebuilders Association, Florida Solar Energy Industry Association, and the American Solar Energy Society
- Over 4000 satisfied customers and a large referral base. Solar contracting since 1977